We need infrastructure that does not divide but connects, evolves, and improves over time
To preserve neighborhood connectivity, a N/S route from the current I-49/I-20 interchange to North Shreveport would integrate into the existing grid, instead of severing the grid.
Drivers could find their way north, yet the primary purpose of the boulevard would be to develop the local economy
A business boulevard is the preferred n/s route for many reasons
1. Costs are decreased, as little additional infrastructure is needed.
2. The route can be completed much faster, due to the reduced need for funding.
3. A smaller footprint and slower vehicle speeds preserves the integrity of the Allendale neighborhood.
4. The boulevard can be developed incrementally, adding route improvements as growth progresses.
5. It prioritizes local travel through the high connectivity of the grid, instead of favoring the commute through a limited access freeway.